Monday, July 23, 2012

Stealing Jade Interview

BY: Liza Boodhansingh



Q: Introduce yourselves (Name, age, role in band).
A: Hey I'm Emily, I'm 16 and sing and play rhythm guitar.
I'm Caroline, I'm 16, sing and play lead guitar.

Q: Was there a specific person who inspired you to pursue music?
A: Emily: I think I've always been interested in music but my desire to actually become a successful musician was when I met Paradise Fears.

Q: Tell me about your experience opening for Paradise Fears in NYC.
A: Emily: I don't even know how to begin to describe it. It was amazing and a complete dream come true.
Caroline: I have to agree. The crowd's energy was awesome and the whole night was just a blast!

Q: Did you learn or gain anything from the experience?
A: Emily: Definitely! I learned how everything kind of worked, the schedule and what not!
Caroline: Same! It was cool and helpful to see the behind the scenes stuff!

Q: Pick one song of yours and tell me the meaning behind it.
A: Emily: Prove Me Wrong is probably the most personal song to me because it was the first song I've ever written. It is not released yet but you can find it on the internet somewhere haha The story behind it is this girl that is completely in love with this one boy but is kind of wary about him. The song is basically a dedication or letter to him saying prove me wrong and let you really be perfect.
Caroline: New Life is probably the most meaningful for me and it's all about starting over, a clean slate and having a second chance.

Q: Do you name your guitars? What are their names?
A: Caroline: No! We don't name our guitars, we really should though.
Emily: I call my Taylor my 'baby' because I am always so careful with it but no official names!

Q: Celebrity crush?
A: Emily: Ah, mine has to be Zac Efron.
Caroline: Damon from The Vampire Diaries!

Q: What is one thing most people don't know about you?
A: Emily: I can't do a cartwheel!
Caroline: I sleepwalk? haha

Q: Is there anything else you would like to add?
A: Emily: Just thank you for all the support and love we've gotten so far!
Caroline: What she said haha

No comments:

Post a Comment