Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Interview with Joey "Thunder" Brobeck of The Cab

BY: Liza Boodhansingh

Q: What projects are you currently focused on?
A: We're all mainly focused on The Cab, we are all working very diligently on being the tightest band possible. We have lots of events/plans coming up and you can never be too ready. Other than that I'm a new member of Buzznet which is a whole new world to me since I've never been one to blog before, needless to say I'm having a blast with it.

Q: What do you hope to gain from touring with Maroon 5?
A: The main goal we have here at The Cab is just to be heard by as many people as possible. On top of that it's pretty much a dream come true opening for Maroon 5 not in my wildest of dreams would I ever say it could be a reality. It's such an honor.

Q: When you were beginning did you ever think that you would become as successful as you are?
A: Honestly, I didn't even think it was a possibility to get paid doing what I love (playing bass) till I was 18. It just kind of clicked one day when I was practicing with my good friend, Sam Esbin who is an amazing guitarist; we kind of realized that we've been playing together for years and never got paid at any of the dozens of dozens of shows we've played... We were very innocent and young about it. But that's honestly how I know I'm doing it for the right reasons. Happiness is always more of a priority over money, for me anyway.

Q: What is one of the most important lessons you have learned as an artist?
A: Staying true to myself is the most important lesson I have learned. Touring for so long has a way of warping one's reality, you have to keep your feet on the ground.

Q: If you had to switch places with a band member, who would it be and why?
A: I would probably want to swap with Dave Briggs. I'm a huge nerd of the rhythm section!

Q: Do you ever crave a 9-5 sort of job that doesn’t require as much creativity?
A: Not at all, I worked retail from the ages of 16-18. If I wasn't able to express myself through art I would go insane, that simple.

Q: Which song, by any other band, do you wish you had written?
A: There are so many but at this point and time: September by Earth Wind and Fire. Such an inspiring song.

Q: Things that would make your love life more exciting:
A: Being in love is all I need and I am in love with our fans, the music we play, the person I am with. There isn't much more that can get me even more excited.

Q: Things you wouldn’t want to know about your grandmother:
A: I don't know her very well but i know what I've done in my early 20s surely wouldn't want to know about her early 20s. Ehhk

Q: Things you shouldn’t title a children’s book:
A: "I wish daddy didn't drink so much"

Q: Is there anything else that you would like to add for 1 a.m. Media?
A: Thank you for your time, love and support it means the world to not only myself but everyone in The Cab's camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment