Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Meghan's 10 Songs of the Week: October 5th - 11th

BY: Meghan Laverty

Now that I'm back into the routine of school, (we're in the thick of week three at Drexel, and yes, I have midterms already), I can finally share some songs with you that have been blowing my mind this past week:

1. "Hey I Don't Know" - KONGOS
2. "Last of the Cursed Ones" - Wild Rompit
3. "Somebody to Love" - Jefferson Airplane
4. "Nothing Feels Good Anymore" - The Menzingers
5. "Space Oddity [Original Demo]" - David Bowie
6. "Raised On It" - Sam Hunt
7. "I Found the Culprit" - Jack White
8. "Eros" - Young the Giant
9. "Mama Didn't Raise No Fool" - MAGIC!
10. "Re-done" - Modern Baseball

Here's some background on these songs I chose this week. The demo version of Bowie's "Space Oddity" is off of the re-release of his Sound + Vision compilation. Whether you love Bowie or not, you need Sound + Vision. KONGOS' "Hey I Don't Know" was stuck in my head for a nine hour work shift. Not the whole song, just the "Hey I Don't Know" hook. And MoBo's "Re-done" is probably my favorite song of theirs. The lyrics "So I'll leave the steady hands to Sean" makes me so happy because it's a shoutout to drummer Sean Huber's other band, Steady Hands, which is great as well.

These songs kept me in a good mood while dealing with the stress of school. Are there any songs that help you de-stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment