Monday, December 9, 2013

Album Review: "Wrong Feels Right EP" - Once Upon a Time

BY: Meredith Chaffin



Once Upon a Time recently released their EP, Wrong Feels Right, on Tuesday, December 3rd. This EP is full of fun pop rock songs that show off Once Upon A Time’s new and improved sound.

The first song on the EP is “Older.” This upbeat song has an infectious beat that is hard not to dance and sing along to. It even features a rap from lead singer, Andrew Long! This song was the perfect way to kick off the EP and get listeners excited.

The second song on the EP is “Wrong Feels Right,” my personal favorite on the EP. This song, which is also the title of the EP, includes catchy drumbeats along with fun lyrics about willing to “steal a cop car” or “rob a bank” for someone because “wrong feels right.” I absolutely fell in love with this song, as I’m sure many fans did as well.

“Original,” the third track on this EP, has a positive message about forgetting the status quo and being original. I really enjoyed this song, which is filled with an upbeat piano beat throughout the song. I appreciated the wonderful message of this song, as well as the pop sound.

Once Upon a Time wraps up this EP with their song, “Forever In Motion.” The band released the music video for this song on November 15th, which shows the recording process of the EP, as well as tour videos from their previous tour with Hello Highway. After first hearing the head-bobbing pop beat of this song, I knew I was going to absolutely love the EP, which I did. I really fell in love with Once Upon a Time’s new sound, and I am very excited to see what is in store for the band in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment